Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chocolate Rain

Standing in the dark,
Illuminate by the twilight.
Yellow little diamonds,
Sparkle far above my reach.
My head raised towards the sky,
A wet droplet playfully lands upon my cheek.
I wipe the wet droplet with my finger,
I raise it to my lips,
Chocolate rain.
White chocolate,
Milk chocolate,
and even a hit of dark.
I fully indulge myself in this sweet experience.
Opening my mouth as wide as it will go,
I let my pallet enjoy a dancing of exotic flavors.
The rich, smooth chocolate
Slips slowly dow my throat,
Jolting each taste bud,
As if to tantalize them on their way down.
This is unlike any chocolate anyone could possibly fathom.
This is heavens chocolate,
Sent down to show me its sympathy.
Apologizing with every delicious drop.
Apologizing for dealing me a hard hand in life.
And for these heavenly minutes of paradise,
I accept.
I'm waiting to wake from this bubbly dream,
To be pinched back into the nightmare.
But it never comes.
So, I jump into the flowing grass,
Allowing it to wrap its warm arms around me,
I lift my head up once more,
And fully lose myself,
In this sweet blessing of heavens gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment