Saturday, October 1, 2011

Philosophy of Love

I dreamt of love every night. dreamt of my true loves warm embrace and soft delicate kiss. i had never experienced love for myself. I was basically taught my whole life not to feel any emotion at all. It was part of the job. The consequence of being a princess. The tall black book casing with red velvet lining held what I knew of true love and deep emotions. Each book pulsing and bleeding with utter happiness. Bloody hell I want to be free to feel love. I had never even experienced love from my mother. My whole family was brain washed. But not me. I am a living breathing person. I could smell love through the chocolate chip cookies my grandmother makes, warm and fresh out of the oven. I could feel love while laying in the swaying green grass in my private back yard with the sun wrapping its hot arms around every inch of me. Love flowed through my veins and corrupted my every thought. I just wanted to feel someone else's love for me as well.

1 comment:

  1. WoW! Your Philosophy of Love is great. I got to the end and wanted to read more. So sad that it had to end that how good it is. I like to read pieces that incorporate vivid language and your piece has that element which made it more appealing to me as a reader. I love the way how you talked about books serving as the symbol of love. It made me imagine a little girl being read stories after getting tucked in at night about fairy tales and the theme of those stories being love conquers all.

    ReplyDelete