Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

 
 
Just finished the 4th Harry Potter Installment: Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.
Man oh man, JK Rowling's series gets better with each new book.
 
 
Lots of excitement happening in Harry's world in this book. This particular book is my
favorite so far. We were introduced to a plethora of new creatures and
other wizards from across the world. It was very interesting to learn that there were wizarding
schools beyond just Hogwarts. No one is as
 they appear in this book and the people you think you can
trust most are the real enemies. The outcome of this story was definitely
not predictable at all.
 
This was  the longest book so far yet it seemed to fly by while I was
reading it. The story jinked every time you turned the page. The elegant and beautiful
students from Beauxbaton and Durmstrang were a much needed mixture to
our usual characters. I think, without the addition of these characters, the
series would be a bit dull to me. This was a much needed change in scenery.
 
The ending of this book was tragic, but also a great set up for
the next installment! The plotting and pacing of this book were brilliantly mastered
and the characterization was genuinely rich with great detail. I have found
that it is a common thought that the first two books
of this series are mediocre at best, but as you continue it really draws you in:
 
"I read the first novel in the Harry Potter series, ''Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone,''
in April 1999 and was only moderately impressed. But in
April 1999 I was pretty much all right. Two months later I was
involved in a serious road accident that necessitated a long and painful
period of recuperation. During the early part of this period I read
 Potters 2 and 3 (''Chamber of Secrets,'' ''Prisoner of Azkaban'') and found
myself a lot more than moderately wowed." - Stephen King
 
For those of you struggling through the first two books I highly suggest
you hang in there for the long haul. It will be worth it.
 
I give this book 5 stars.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment