Monday, March 28, 2016

Sweet Peril and Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins



So, I had a long weekend of being sick in which all I did
was read. Therefore, I am combining my 
review of the final two books in the Sweet Evil series by
Wendy Higgins.

KAIDAN ROWE <3

Sweet Peril was SO much better than I expected.
It has been quite a journey, already, seeing Anna come from being
a perfect little angel, to this party girl who must
save the world. I can't tell you
how heart broken I was when Kaidan was being a 
jerk to Anna. I literally cried (although it's not very hard to make me cry).
I really didn't think that Anna and Kaidan would end up together 
when I started this book. I must admit that
I went into goodreads and read the reviews and spoil 
some of the ending just so I could make sure it was a good ending!
And OH MY FREAKING GOD was it a magical ending. 




 Kaidan Rowe is a bowl full of steaming hottness! Keep a glass
of water nearby because you will be swooning and all
kinds of hot for Mr. Kai. SPOILER ALERT: I was crushed,
but also thought it was so cute, that Kaidan was only
pretending to hate Anna because of her father. I would
have felt differently about him if he had let one of those Dukes keep him
from her.



Overall, this is a very well rounded book and I was
happy that the love story was saved for the end and that the majority 
of the book was dedicated to Anna finding her own strength.





Then there was Sweet Reckoning
What a great ending to a series! What I loved most was that it wasn't
a perfectly happy ending, but it wasn't too devastating where it ruined
the whole series. People died, and while it was tragic, it 
made it an intriguing read.


 At times I found it a little hard to believe that the Dukes
continued to be fooled by the Nephilim when they have been around for centuries. 
I think they would've been a bit smarter and aggressive if
they were even slightly suspicious of someone. I mean come on, they're demons!





I thought the ending battle would be a bit bigger, and that
the angels would make an appearance. It was kind of disappointing that they didn't.
But, I still really enjoyed it while I was reading it. I would give Sweet Peril 5 stars
and Sweet Reckoning 4. 
































No comments:

Post a Comment